Shipping & Return Policy
Thank you for shopping at sockbox.ca, where we strive to offer awesome customer service and easy policies that won’t add stress to your life. Our goal at sockbox.ca is to always make sure that you’re as happy as can be. We offer free standard shipping on all orders in Canada. As we’ve grown since 2014, we’ve created some additional information to consider when placing your sockbox.ca order, which you can read below.
Free Shipping – All sock of the month memberships ship free with Canada Post Lettermail service. Orders shipped in Canada of $50 or more (excluding taxes) qualify for free shipping. There are no weight exclusions or restrictions to the number of items ordered. We ship most of our products only in Canada, with the exception of our Sock Lovers Advent Calendar™ and Twelve Days of Socksmas.
Shipping Carriers – sockbox.ca ships most items via Canada Post, FedEx or DHL. While we do our best to get orders delivered quickly, we cannot account for any delays Canada Post, FedEx or DHL may have. However, if you let us know of a delivery that arrives outside our guaranteed window, we will gladly refund any shipping charges incurred.
- Orders placed by 12:00 noon Mountain Time will be shipped the same day with the exception of Sock of the Month memberships, and other preordered items like our Sock Lovers Advent Calendar™ and some Bellroy products. This will be made clear during the checkout process if your are preording. Backordered items in your order will delay the entire order, as we ship orders complete. Backordered items will be indicated in your cart and checkout.
- Standard/Free Shipping: Sock of the Month memberships are shipped using Canada Post Lettermail and normally arrive in 5 to 10 business days (excluding holidays). When your order qualifies for free shipping, we send them using Canada Post Expedited Parcel and normally arrive within 1 to 5 business days (excluding holidays).
- If you place your order on a weekend or a holiday, please consider the following business day as your first day when factoring in shipping times.
Shipping Confirmation and Tracking
- Sock of the Month: Shortly after your first order ships, an email will be sent notifying you of shipment. We ship using Canada Post Lettermail to keep costs low. This method does not provide tracking information for your shipment.
- Pick Your own Pairs: You will receive tracking information shortly after your order ships that will allow you to track your order.
- Everything else: When you order something from our shop, other than specified above, you will receive an email with tracking information shortly after your order ships. You can track your shipment on the couriers site, or through your account.
- Effective March 8, 2019 our relationship with our 3PL has ended. Our new warehouse is anticipated to be fully operational April 1. During the transition we order times will be impacted. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please see our open letter for more information.
- Orders placed between June 12-26, 2019 will ship on June 27.
Everyone at sockbox.ca is committed to make sure customers are excited with our products and happy with their purchases. As we have two main areas of products, we’ve broken them out below.
Sock of the Month
There’s no picking or choosing of socks with our exciting Sock of the Month program. Each month our sock stylists carefully choose the pairs that will be sent out randomly. We’re pretty confident you’ll like them, keeping in mind that they’re fun, bright and colourful. You can check out designs of thousands of socks we’ve shipped before. If for some reason you don’t like them, know that they’d make a great gift or donation to someone in need. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns on Sock of the Month. You may have a look at how to cancel your membership if it’s not something you’re enjoying.
Socks are like toothbrushes, they’re meant to be thrown away and changed regularly. That said, we do stand behind the quality and brands we ship every month. You should expect each sock to wear a minimum of 12 times, though depending on conditions beyond our control you may receive fewer or more wears. If your sock grows a hole within the first 3 months of regular wear, send an email to email@example.com along with photo(s) of the sock(s) so that we can arrange a replacement.
Some items like our Bellroy Wallets, Sock Lovers Advent Calendar™, Twelve Days of Socksmas, and pick your own pairs are eligible for returns within 30 days of your shipping date. All products must be unopened in their original packaging, and unworn/unused.
How to make a Return
While it disappoints us to know you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will do everything we can to ensure you a smooth return process. Below are the steps you need to follow to return an item:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get an RMA number – before a return can be processed, we need to verify the purchase was made on sockbox.ca. If a purchase was made from a third-party, we cannot guarantee the quality or condition of our products. We also need to confirm the item(s) being returned were shipped in the last 30 days. We have a generous return policy, but after 30 days all sales are final.
- Repackage your return and include the receipt – every sockbox.ca order is sent a receipt. If you’ve misplaced it, you can access it through your account page. Write the RMA number on the receipt, making sure to include it in the package with your item to be returned.
- Ship the package back to sockbox.ca Returns Department via Canada Post, UPS, or FedEx to:
sockbox.ca Returns Department
612 – 500 Country Hills Blvd NE
Calgary, Alberta T3K 5K3
Charges and Credits
Shipping charges – Customers are responsible for shipping costs back to sockbox.ca. If you received free shipping on your order, we will give you a 100% refund minus a $2.99 shipping charge.
Receiving your refund – sockbox.ca does not charge restocking fees. You will receive a full refund to the credit card originally used.
Damaged or Incorrect Orders
If your item (s) was damaged during shipping, there are missing, or incorrect items, we must be notified within 7 days to correct the issue.
Email email@example.com with your order number and a description of the problem. For damaged items, be sure to include a photograph to assist us in processing the claim. Once the above has been done, an RMA number will be issued and a shipping label will be sent for your return. Upon receiving the returned item, a replacement product will be sent.
Replacements cannot be issued without an RMA number being assigned first. The sooner you notify us the better. Our window for filing insurance claims is limited to 10 days, which means we are unable to refund or replace damaged or missing goods if notified after 7 days.