Digital Marketing Advisor
In a nutshell
Sock Box is growing and as a result, we are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing Advisor that can develop, implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels within budget, and create exceptional returns. The goal is to optimize our online channels and create a cohesive message to grow our member base, increase member satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to exceed their expectations.
When your friends and family describe you they would say you are fun, people driven and inspire awesomeness in those around you. You live and breathe digital marketing. You have experience working with people and ensuring you exceed customer and member satisfaction. You know the value of yes!
In previous roles you have worked independently, and with various technology solutions. You are familiar with startup businesses and understand that sometimes work takes place outside of the norm. Mostly, you are really excited to be part of a growing business and team.
In a “people over profit” world, you’re a leader, while still understanding that profit is needed to make the world a better place. As a bonus, you’ve got some familiarity with applications like WooCommerce, Infusionsoft, ActiveCampaign, Google Docs & Sheets, Microsoft Excel and Slack. Opening Google Analytics gets you excited at the ways you can manipulate the data to create positive directions. Knowledge of Facebook & Instagram advertising, and Google AdWords is a must.
We move quickly and love to think of ways to continue to grow and change. We want to stay ahead of the competition and will do that by providing an awesome member experience.
If this sounds like you keep reading! We want to hear from you!
Day to day
As you start out with our team you will be responsible for analyzing our current digital marketing execution, making recommendations and improving ROAS. You’re going to do that by completing some of the items outlined below.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Instrument conversion points and optimize user funnels.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Improve upon and develop service procedures, policies and standards.
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Update and document processes that are required for day-to-day operations.
Our founder Marshall began Sock Box while working in Corporate Calgary. He was bored with the day to day suit and tie and was looking for a way to have a bit more fun with the corporate uniform. On a normal day at work Marshall decided to hit a well known big box store to find some colourful, fun socks to brighten his day. He discovered a messy, overwhelming environment and no one to help him make a choice. Once the perfect pair of socks had been obtained the lineup was long and he needed to be back to work – consequently he left without the socks. It was because of this experience that Sock Box was born! Marshall knows that anyone can send you socks but as a team we are going to deliver awesomeness with your socks.
What makes us unique? We source awesome socks to help brighten up our members sock drawer and make their day awesome! We’re high touch and community focused. Sock Box is exclusive to Canada and each month, automagically, our members get a little bit of awesome in their mail!
Sock Box is an online business based in Calgary, Alberta and delivers only to the Canadian population. The successful candidate will be able to work anywhere, however we request that your home base be geographically located in Canada. Work will be online.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2018. We will then review all applications and schedule interviews with the selected candidates by February 12, 2018. We will make every effort to contact all applicants.
**this is a part-time, contract position